Friday, July 28, 2006

Four and Twenty Blackbirds


Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest - I've given up the mysteries and the vampires for a while and decided to read a good old fashioned ghost story. I saw this book at a local shop and found the story idea intriguing. So I picked it up and put it away on my shelf for a while. Well, seeing as I am having bizarre vampire nightmares I decided a change would be good.

This is the story of Eden. A woman who was raised by her Aunt and Uncle after the death of her mother. She never knew her father. Eden is protected by three ghosts. They watch over her and warn her of any danger. And danger she is in. A distant family member has taken it upon himself to rid the world of an accursed ancestor that he believes has come back to life in Eden. Both Sinister and hopeful, this is a wonderful story. A reflection of family that is for better or for worse all too true.

No comments: