Monday, April 16, 2007

Storm Front

Storm Front by Jim Butcher is the first book in the Harry Dresden Wizard series. These are the books that the Sci Fi. series is based on. I LOVE them both. I am especially enjoying this because I adore the man that plays Harry Dresden on the show. So having him running around in my head is a good thing. The voice in the story is exactly like the television series. So far the characters are all the same. Murphy the cop, her skeptical partner, and Bob the skull. There are slight changes in the television series that actually work. Such as Bob gets a body in the series but so far not in the book. It just works better for the tv show. Murphy in the books is more believeing in the magic. And Harry can be more forthcoming about it in the books. But still, the similarities are enough to allow me to easily play the show in my head while I read. I am REALLY enjoying this series. Fast, easy and entertaining. A beach blanket book that has intelligence and fun all rolled into one nice package. Seriously a great read.

1 comment:

J said...

I started reading this one yesterday, and I noticed that as far as the pacing goes, it reminds me a lot of the early Simon Green "Nightside" books. Very engaging.