Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Million Little Pieces


A Million Little Pieces by James Frey was a very good read. Raw, harsh, and beautiful. Full of lyrical prose that made me stop, think, and read them for a second time. I don't care what the truth is behind this story. Nor do I care about how much or how little of the story was embellished. It was simply a wonderful read. And I loved it. So very human, full of the best and the worst in mankind.
I also think the book can be and has been an inspiration for addicts. From what I was able to find on the internet about the controversy there were many people whose lives were changed for the better because of this book. If that is the case it doesn't matter how true it was. I have not found anything that said that Frey wasn't an addict. And if he has stayed clean and changed his life than that is all that matters. If one person is saved by this book than that is all that matters. And regardless of all of that the bottom line is, this is a wonderfully written book and I loved it.

No comments: