Monday, April 07, 2008

The Count of Monte Cristo



The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas has been sitting by my bed for months. And I have been reading it off and on. It's 1488 pages. Give me some slack.

But this was the second go around for me. I think I might have originally read the abridged version. So I picked up the unabridged and decided to give it a second read.

And even the second time around I loved this book.

I had one of the guys at work stop in mid sentence when he noticed it sitting on my desk. And he said I was reading his all time favorite book.

My dad LOVED it as well. He decided to read it because I had mentioned it was my favorite classical piece of literature and so had his friend at the coffee shop.

It's an amazing story. Even the second time around.

No comments: