Monday, April 07, 2008

To Reign in Hell



To Reign in Hell by Steven Brust - well, let's just say I shelved it about half way through. It's not a bad story. But I was getting so pissed off at one of the characters that I wasn't enjoying myself.

This is the story of the great war in heaven between god and satan. All the archangels are there as well as a host of other greater and lesser beings.

I might pick it up again but who knows. It had some very interesting moments. And a few characterizations that I really liked and wanted to know more about. However, like I said, I was so annoyed at the character instigating all the trouble that I had to stop. Probably stupid, but when you find yourself gritting your teeth while you read, well, it's time to stop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review, looks like something I would give a try, but culd end up a 50 page flop.
I am not getting much reading done because we are moving, but did just get a book sent to me to review, so something on hand to meet my needs.