Monday, June 02, 2008

Newton's Cannon


Newton's Cannon by J. Gregory Keyes is book 1 in the Age of Unreason series.
I had heard about this series I don't know where but I have had a hard time finding the books. Then Amazon started selling the whole series. And I jumped at the chance to at least try it.
Needless to say about twenty pages into the book I was ordering the rest of the series. It really is fantastic.
The main characters in the first book are Newton and a youthful Ben Franklin. The world is full of magic and wonder and something else they can't quite identify.
This is a fun series and I love the adventure. So much so that I am actually reading this series straight through. I normally will skip around and read several other books in between any given series. This time around I'm going right on through.
That's not because this is better than any series ever, it's simply that this series doesn't neatly end at each book. It begs to be read as a group. And I would hate to put so much time in between each book that I feel like I should go back and read them again.

No comments: