Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Rule of Four


The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell was a very fast read. I enjoyed this story. I added this book to my list after reading a review of it somewhere. It had received a great write up. When I looked at B&N it was interesting how the reviewers either gave it one star or 4/5. Sort of that loved it or hated it thing.
I enjoyed it. And I don't feel that I wasted my time at all with this book. It was an interesting read that kept my attention from start to finish. Considering I read it in just over 2 days, how can it loose ones attention?
The story takes place at Princeton University. Basically the narrator tells the story of a rare and unusual manuscript. His father made it his lifes work to uncover the secrets behind the book, but he died before he could solve the mystery. One of narrators friends has made the book the subject of his thesis. And thus begins the adventure. Jealousy, murder, revenge. It's all here.

No comments: