Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blood Rites


Blood Rites by Jim Butcher is book 6 in the Dresden series.
I fell in love with the Sci fi series The Dresden Files. When I found out the show was based on the books I had to read them.
It's always interesting to watch an author grow into his style, his characters, and into his own voice. Blood Rites is certainly the book in which Mr. Butcher found his voice.
I loved all the stories. Basically even though the series is canceled I can still enjoy the characters and the wonderful adventures. And this book was his best and most eloquent. I'm not sure what it was about this story but I felt like we had taken a literary leap. A little bit more poetic. A little bit deeper.
I guess I have to confess. I'm in love with a wizard. He's tall, dark, and very very handsome.
And these books give me a little bit of romance every day.

No comments: