Thursday, July 05, 2007

My Lover's Lover

My Lover's Lover by Maggie O'Farrell is the second book that I have read by this author. She also wrote After You'd Gone.

I loved both stories. She has a writing style that is warm and comfortable. Dealing with real human emotions in a way that we can easily relate.

The thing I love about her books is they aren't quite "Lifetime" channel material. In once sense they are stories of love and loss told from a woman's perspective - so it's perfect lifetime material. But I never get the feeling in her stories that they are written "for a good cry". They are deeper than that, they hit a little harder and make you think a little bit more. There is courage, depth, and honesty in her books without turning them into "Chick"
books.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense what so ever. But it's the best way I can describe her books. They are simply beautifully written stories.

No comments: