Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Winkie



Winkie by Clifford Chase has been on my list for a while. It came out last summer and it sounded very intriguing. But due to the enormity of my overwhelming book list it sort of got lost in the bookshelf shuffle. But it called to me and so I listened.

This was a fascinating book. It's a very quick read but an utterly maddening one. Towards the end of the book my blood was boiling. Who'd have thunk a story about a teddy bear could rile me up so much. But rile it did.

Basically in a nut shell this story is about the extreme illogical paranoia we have with terrorism and how some people are so desperate to blame anyone and anything for our fears that we blindly stop at nothing to find someone to accuse. And we turn a blind eye to the atrocities our government has been committing all in the name of national security.

But this book is not just about terrorism. It is also about love, kindness, and the discovery of what it means to be alive. So check out Winkie. I think you will like this little bear.

No comments: