Sunday, July 08, 2007

Shoe Addicts Anonymous


Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison was given to me by Girl J. She saw it before it was released and had to pre-order it for us. She only told me that I was not to buy a book for the next couple of weeks. And that I would know exactly what book she meant if I saw it on a shelf.

Finally the book arrived and she surprised me with my copy. And I cracked up. She was right. I would have known exactly what book she was talking about. I read it in a day.
This is a chick book at it's finest. I actually loved this book because it is all about women. Completely and totally about being a woman. About love, life, friendship, and yes, about shoes. This was a charming and fun story. I think one of the things I most liked about this story is that it truly revolves around the women. Typically chick books always lead to something that revolves around children, and myself, being childless, always think that there has to be more to life than making everything about kids. And this book does just that. And I loved it the more for it. I could relate to every single one of the characters. There was a little of me in each of them.
This is the perfect, perfect, perfect beach blanket book. Or the perfect long plane ride book, or the perfect vacation book. Just make sure you have more than one book with you if you take it on vacation. I plowed through this book in less than 5 hours. It was just that fun, that light, and that entertaining.
I do have to admit that the shoes themselves were way out of my league. I have never even tried on a shoe that costs more than $250.00 let alone had a closet full of them. But the general addiction I could totally relate to. I just do it on a smaller $$ scale. Though they do mention DSW so I guess even the high end shoe addicts will "slum" once in a while.
So if you want to bring out your inner girly girl pick this book up. It's fun.

No comments: